Sonia Rao – Are you The Voice?
I can’t remember anything about episode one except the hot Indian chick (Sonia Rao) didn’t get chosen. But, out of everyone last week, only a few poor schmoes didn’t get picked at all. Well, this week, not getting picked was all the rage.
They haven’t really let us know what the Coach who wins (winning meaning that their person wins the whole show) gets for their trouble. Power over life and death? Giant dinosaur with a saddle? Make out party with the hobo of their choice? Whatever it is, they must want it, cause they are getting pretty picky.
They left so many poor fools at the altar that they ran out of contestants, which means that (and I cannot confirm this as of yet as it is only 10:30) BUT THE HOT INDIAN CHICK MIGHT BE BACK!
- Right now there is a 17 year old and 19 year old sister act and they raise pigs. They live in the town next to pretty. They are singing that song I like from that country chick. The judges didn’t know there were two of them. Cee Lo picked them. He’s gonna try to nail them both and get thrown in jail.
- Now it’s a commercial so I’m watching the Sugarland song. I also realized that the premise of this show is that it’s based on voices but the coaches have to cut their teams from 8 to four so they will kick out all the fatties and hare lips.
- I just saw a commercial for Special Victims Unit. Mariska Hargitay is a wicked skillet face, but hot.
- Now the show is back and 8 people got picked to get a second shot. Cee Lo already has his eight so he’s fine.
I’m gonna count the eight after the jump!
I hate myself for liking this show but so far I do like it. So to be fair to people who think this is a real, informative recap, here is how the game works.
- We don’t have to sit through a bunch of clowns who can’t sing and will never have a shot. The contestants are all pre-screened and only people who can actually sing have a shot.
- Since the contest is about “the voice” and not “the hot person who can sort of sing” some of the contestants are from the “Susan Boyle” category of hotness.
- The judges sit facing away from the singer and have to go just by voice, and if they like what they hear they hit this big red button in front of their chair and spin around.
- If just one judge turns around, they get the person (they need eight on their team) if more than one turn around they try to convince the contestant to pick them. If nobody picks them they go home sad.
More (and the important stuff) after the jump!