I’m on vacation right now. It’s kind of hard to get in work mode, so I think what I’m going to do is let you guys work for me. After the jump I have a picture that I’d like you to caption. We’ll pick a winner after, oh I don’t know, a week or so, and the winner will receive a coupon good for $100 off a set of 4 wheels and tires or $50 off just 4 tires at any Discount Tire Company store. Don’t have a Discount Tire near you? Well, um…play anyway!
Did you know that your phone/tablet/computer monitor is probably covered with SARS? That’s right. SARS. The deadly disease that will turn your skin into stone and your lungs also into stone. Don’t believe me?
Well that’s probably smart because I made it up. But that doesn’t mean that your screens aren’t all nasty and need to be cleaned. When I was in high school my mom told me that if I touched my face I would get zits. So what do I do now? I touch my phone ALL DAY and then rub it on my face. I might as well just make a pillow out of Slim Jims. And what about when you show someone else something on your phone and THEY start touching it. By the time you are done showing everyone that pic of your friend passed out your smart phone screen is going to look like a hotel bedspread after they come in with the CSI lights. And the next thing you are gonna do is nestle it gently on your supple skin and give yourself problems.
That is, unless you have a Schatzii Smart Cloth Screen Cleaner. Not only can you pick from a lot of cool different colors and designs, the cloth is like a McDLT. It has two different textures (one on each side) and is anti-bacterial, anti-static, anti-dust, anti-fogging and anti-mildew. Thing should be more positive. Yeah? Huh? Hmph. You should laugh at my jokes more. But either way, I am giving away three of these beauties (your choice of style). The only things you will HAVE to do are like the Schatzii company Facebook page and comment here. But there will be a lot of other ways to get extra entries because I am so nice. So stop being a filthy, disease-ridden petri dish and win one of these here miracle cloths. I just cleaned my screen with it and it worked so well I can sort of see now why you don’t laugh at my jokes. Entry form after the jump!
Picture Perfect is over and the winners have been decided. The voting for the Bonus pic is still going. Click here to see them and vote. You have to be a member of G+ to vote but you should anyway.
Go here to see the pics and I encourage you to give your faves a shout out in the comments.
I decided to add a second and third prize to the list. The final scores are here so you can see who did what, but I am going to announce the prizes themselves below.
Here they are – the winners!
- Cornmeal! – 86 Points!
- Eva Halloween – 82 Points! (I will contact you about your prize)
- Angela Mia – 60 Points! (I will contact you about your prize)
And FYI, Selina Kyle had 59 points! And she seems to be running away with the Bonus vote for now so yay her! I want to thank everyone for playing, and can’t wait to do this again.
You have until Friday to vote for your favorite bonus pic. Twins! Gynecology office! Action figure sex! We have it all! Go vote!
Okay! Here it is – the best contest the Gallery has. Picture perfect is a photo scavenger hunt. Anyone can play, including Gallery Staff. The grand (and by grand I mean only) prize is the Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Dual-Band N Router ($179.99) sponsored by Cisco. I have one of these and it is awesome. Truly. You wouldn’t think that a router would make that much of a difference, but it really does. I got more than 1 MB difference on a wireless machine in my house. This is a sweet prize.
Here are the official rules:
- Photoshops will not be accepted. And don’t try to trick me. I will be able to tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my day.
- You have to print out the logo banner thing over there (or here). If you are too poor to have a printer then you need to send me a pic of yourself with the sign you want to use (for approval – this is serious!)
- The rules on the pics are pretty specific, but you are not reproducing them exactly. Like, I used the inside of a box of paper as a “photo platform”. You can use whatever you want. A table, a naked lady or a McDonald’s place mat.
- I will send a mouse pad to whoever sends the “best” extra credit pic. This could be funny, weird, sexy or all of them. Best will be determined by some kind of vote or something.
- Don’t do your own “interpretation” of the pics. I don’t want ponies or pics of Skyrim or whatever else you think would be funny (except for extra credit). Odds are you aren’t as funny as you think.
- You can email your entries to me at acadia@superficialgalleryDOTcom or post them to the Gallery Facebook wall or the Gallery G+ Page. Just make sure you tell me who you “are” in the email. Like, if you are one of the people on G+ who never shuts up about how “anonymity is terrible” the odds are quite good that your email address is sexDenTisT6969@hotmail.com so be specific.
Scoring will be as follows:
- Whoever has the most points wins.
- In the case of a tie, the winner will be chosen at random from those that are tied.
- You can only do one version of each picture. Choose wisely.
- Contest entries must be in by midnight on Sunday, March 4th.
I thought the weird semi-week between Xmas and New Years would be a good time to let you know a few things. So…here we go.
The Celeb Pic Section has been completely revised. Go check it out. And feel free to post criticism in here. I am already probably going to swap the beige for gray, so don’t suggest that because it would just be copying.
And the main page here will be updated to match the final version of the pic area so wowsers!
We have WoodRabbit (add her on G+) and Cramsey (I’m screwing her out of a link!) and maybe one other guy. And since there are new shows coming on soon I’m shooting for some recaps.
Someone Won the Router!
Congratulations to RCV who won the router. Unless they don’t email me back and then I will have to pick someone else.
The winners of the Make a Video contest are:
- Robert Bodden (he wins the camera!) You need to email me your deets so I can tell the people to send it to you.
- Julie Bee! Your video made me lol and you get a subscription to Wevideo!
- Christy Ramsey! Yours made me lol as well and you also get a subscription!
We have a new thing that lets you vote up or down on people’s comments. That means that we can probably bring back Comment of the Week. So be funny and there might be something in it for you!
To our left we can see that the Halloween costume people really do think they can just put the word “Sexy” in front of pretty much everything and sell a bunch of them. Take this pretty thing on the left here. Can you tell what she is?
What are the pom poms?
This is going to count the same as Guess My Netflix and I might do it all month!