You have the right to be in a public place and to observe police activity!
If the police stop anyone…
- STOP AND WATCH
- Write down officer’s names, badge numbers, and car numbers. Sometimes it can be difficult for a third party to get close enough to an officer to record their information without needlessly escalating the encounter. COPS CAN BE IDENTIFIED BY THE NUMBERS ON THEIR VEHICLES.
- Write down the time, date and place of the incident and all details as soon as possible.
- Ask if the person is being arrested and if so, on what charge.
- Get witnesses’ names and contact information.
- Try to get arrestees’ names, but only if they are already known to the police.
- Document any injuries as soon as possible. Photograph them and prepare a medical report describing the details of the injuries.
ANGRY MEXICAN DUDE SIGN
I’m not showing it until after the jump!