The United States Messes With Texas…and Andrew Jackson – AOTI – Episode 9
This week on Allegedly On The Issues, we’re talking about how every time I now remove a twenty to pay for something, I’m going to think about Andrew Jackson yelling and threatening Harriet Tubman with 20 lashes for helping money escape my wallet.
This is a guy, in Jackson, who once strutted into a duel, let the other dude shoot him, and then decided that he was OK, and shot the man dead. There absolutely has to be a relative of Andrew Jackson somewhere in this country that is challenging the Federal Treasury to a duel over this.
We’re also showcasing our legal expertise (alleged) by discussing one of the more important Supreme Court cases this term: United States v. Texas. The Supreme Court case covers a series of executive actions set forth by Barack Obama.
Topic List (discussion start times included):
– We discuss John Kasich and Ted Cruz teaming up to lose to Donald Trump (1:59)
– Virginia is allowing Felons to Vote (4:57)
– Harriet Tubman on the Twenty, Jackson still a badass, but, also a jackass (7:57)
– United States v. Texas: Discussion of the oral arguments on this Supreme Court case dealing with some President Obama Executive actions (11:15)
– And, we discuss one dude’s thoughts on how to create a lean Federal Government (18:16)
Also on this show: We offer advice to Ted Cruz on how to win over some delegates. Then, we take a deep dive on the early odds for Hillary Clinton’s Vice Presidential Selection. The Veep-Stakes, as Jared gleefully put it on the Podcast.
You can sign up for the Allegedly On The Issues Newsletter with the box below. What do we plan to have as part of the Newsletter? Good Question…We’re going to start out with link roundups covering all sorts of political and current event news, going out Tuesday through Thursday in the A.M. once we get this ball rolling. Eventually, we’ll start to add in more opinion and editorial content.
As always, if you liked the show, we encourage you to share it with others, as well as rate and review the podcast on iTunes. Thanks once again.