Do you ever see a movie trailer that you feel like is specifically tailored to what you want to see in theaters? Cause I did the other day with Jim Jarmusch’s new zombie/horror comedy The Dead Don’t Die.Read More
Author: Jackie Torrance
The new X Men: Dark Phoenix trailer is FINALLY out, and the hype is as hot as the Dark Phoenix herself!Read More
In honor of this wonderful time highlighting women’s contributions to the horror community, I would like to shine a spotlight on four of my favorite women-directed horror films.Read More
Hey y’all, it’s Jackie, back with another Friday 90’s! In honor of the December 17th birthday of my favorite bass player—and favorite Twitter follower—Mike Mills from R.E.M., I’m going to be recapping one of the best R.E.M. songs to feature his melodic bass lines.Read More
R.E.M.’s album Out of Time is best known for introducing the world to “Losing My Religion” and “Shiny Happy People”, but the 1991 release also contains my favorite R.E.M. song ever: “Country Feedback”.Read More
After the complete nightmare caused by the absence of promised Funko dolls at the opening day of Spooky Empire in Orlando, is it possible convention management could make things any worse? Turns out, they apparently can.Read More
Hey y’all, it’s Jackie. As Halloween approaches, the horror movie marathons kick into full swing on many channels, making it easy to curl up in front of a fire with a cup of tea and binge watch your favorite classics. I intended to do just that the other evening, but as I was browsing the movie schedules for channels like AMC and FX, I noticed something.Read More
Spooky Empire and Elvira were criticized by some con goers after special edition Funko Pops do not arrive as promised. Details inside!Read More
Tonight’s date with the King is the second King novel I ever read, and today it is still one of the stories I find myself coming back to most. The premise is simple: an alcoholic writer becomes the winter caretaker for an isolated old hotel in the Colorado mountains, looking to both cure his drinking problem and his writer’s block. He moves with his wife and young son into the hotel, where they will be shut away for the foreseeable winter. What could possibly go wrong?Read More
Tonight’s date with the King is one whose premise may not sound particular interesting (a killer car?), but I can assure you it provides for a quality read if you give it a chance! At least, I can guarantee it’ll scare you enough to never want to adjust your car seat ever again. Tonight’s selection is…Christine!Read More
- The Thanksgiving Reunion Special!Sit back, relax, and listen to Jenn, B Nev, Kenny, Sandwich, Mells, and Shooey as each hangs out a little bit with Acadia and discusses some horrible things that happened on Thanksgiving. I mean, reunions are fun and we are glad to see everyone, but this IS Strangeful, so there had to be some murders. […]
- King Leopold Part OneCheck out this latest episode from Strangeful Things, as Acadia, Mells, and Shooey discuss the forgotten genocide in the Congo Free State and the people responsible for the deaths of 10 million people.
- Don DeckerWe've heard of making it rain but nothing like the subject of this week's show. Acadia tells Mells and Shooey the weird tale of Don Decker and the (alleged) DEMON that infested him and an apartment in Stroudsburg, PA!
- FrankensteinIt's story time! Join Mells, Shooey and Acadia as the story of how the novel Frankenstein got conceived and written. Of course there is also a lot of sex in it, too because we have an image to uphold.
- QAnonWith the election a week away, we thought it would be a good idea to talk about QAnon. These wacky patriots are convinced they are getting secret love notes from the President and that there will soon be sweeping change across the land. Technically, there is a 50/50 chance they are right, so you should […]
- John Edward Robinson Part TwoShooey brings Mells and Acadia through the end of the story of John Edward Robinson, who should really be more well known than he is. More scams, more murder, and a twist that nobody is going to see coming at all this week on Strangeful!
- John Edward Robinson - Part OneJoin Acadia, Mells, and Shooey for part one of a Shooey-rific episode about John Edward Robinson. The man wore many hats and every one of them was detestable. You probably haven't heard of this guy and if you have then you need to be our best friends!
- Bill and Dorothy WackerThis spooky tale comes from Ohio and reminds us that terror can come in many forms. Learn what the Wackers went through over a period of years in this episode.
- The Love Me Tender MurdersThis story starts with the Grimes sisters going to see an Elvis movie on December 28, 1956 and becomes the biggest search in the history of the city of Chicago. Join Acadia, Mells and Shooey as they explore this story in depth from beginning to end.
- The Oakville BlobsLook up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a bunch of tiny blobs of goo that will make you sick if you touch them! The tiny town of Oakville, WA found out what happens when you start gooshing things that should not be gooshed!