Do you ever see a movie trailer that you feel like is specifically tailored to what you want to see in theaters? Cause I did the other day with Jim Jarmusch’s new zombie/horror comedy The Dead Don’t Die.Read More
Author: Jackie Torrance
The new X Men: Dark Phoenix trailer is FINALLY out, and the hype is as hot as the Dark Phoenix herself!Read More
In honor of this wonderful time highlighting women’s contributions to the horror community, I would like to shine a spotlight on four of my favorite women-directed horror films.Read More
Hey y’all, it’s Jackie, back with another Friday 90’s! In honor of the December 17th birthday of my favorite bass player—and favorite Twitter follower—Mike Mills from R.E.M., I’m going to be recapping one of the best R.E.M. songs to feature his melodic bass lines.Read More
R.E.M.’s album Out of Time is best known for introducing the world to “Losing My Religion” and “Shiny Happy People”, but the 1991 release also contains my favorite R.E.M. song ever: “Country Feedback”.Read More
After the complete nightmare caused by the absence of promised Funko dolls at the opening day of Spooky Empire in Orlando, is it possible convention management could make things any worse? Turns out, they apparently can.Read More
Hey y’all, it’s Jackie. As Halloween approaches, the horror movie marathons kick into full swing on many channels, making it easy to curl up in front of a fire with a cup of tea and binge watch your favorite classics. I intended to do just that the other evening, but as I was browsing the movie schedules for channels like AMC and FX, I noticed something.Read More
Spooky Empire and Elvira were criticized by some con goers after special edition Funko Pops do not arrive as promised. Details inside!Read More
Tonight’s date with the King is the second King novel I ever read, and today it is still one of the stories I find myself coming back to most. The premise is simple: an alcoholic writer becomes the winter caretaker for an isolated old hotel in the Colorado mountains, looking to both cure his drinking problem and his writer’s block. He moves with his wife and young son into the hotel, where they will be shut away for the foreseeable winter. What could possibly go wrong?Read More
Tonight’s date with the King is one whose premise may not sound particular interesting (a killer car?), but I can assure you it provides for a quality read if you give it a chance! At least, I can guarantee it’ll scare you enough to never want to adjust your car seat ever again. Tonight’s selection is…Christine!Read More
- PopobawaWe end Season Four with a cryptid who doesn't just scare you. The Popobawa from Tanzania does...other things to you, and then threatens you that he will do it again if you don't do what he says! Join Mells, Snoops and Acadia as they investigate this malevolent cryptid. Thanks for a great season and we […]
- Fred and Rose West - Part TwoThe terrible story of Fred and Rose West is finished off this week as Acadia and special guest Emma from Fan Critical go in depth into the horrors of 25 Cromwell Street in Gloucester, England. We don't have special guests very often. It's what makes them special. So enjoy!
- Fred and Rose West - Part OneAcadia is joined by special guest Emma from the Fan Critical podcast to discuss part one of the story of Fred and Rose West, the worst sex murderers who ever lived in Gloucester, England. We hope.
- Daniel LaPlanteDaniel LaPlante was a teenager in the 80s who had a hard life but no matter how rough things for him were, they don't excuse his actions. Join Acadia, Shooey and the newest member of the team, Snoops, as she debuts with one of her all time favorite stories. That should tell you something all […]
- The Witchcraft MurderCome with us to England where we discuss the terrible murder of Charles Walton in 1945. Was he killed by a witch? Some say he was, indeed. Find out what Acadia, Mells, and Shooey think as they dig into the story and do some incredible British accents. Seriously, top notch!
- King Leopold Part TwoThe terrible story of the exploitation and mass murder in the Congo Free State concludes this week in an episode that took a lot out of Shooey. As long as we have been doing this show, the amount of greed and cruelty these degenerates can display is still staggering. Learn what Belgium doesn't want you […]
- The Thanksgiving Reunion Special!Sit back, relax, and listen to Jenn, B Nev, Kenny, Sandwich, Mells, and Shooey as each hangs out a little bit with Acadia and discusses some horrible things that happened on Thanksgiving. I mean, reunions are fun and we are glad to see everyone, but this IS Strangeful, so there had to be some murders. […]
- King Leopold Part OneCheck out this latest episode from Strangeful Things, as Acadia, Mells, and Shooey discuss the forgotten genocide in the Congo Free State and the people responsible for the deaths of 10 million people.
- Don DeckerWe've heard of making it rain but nothing like the subject of this week's show. Acadia tells Mells and Shooey the weird tale of Don Decker and the (alleged) DEMON that infested him and an apartment in Stroudsburg, PA!
- FrankensteinIt's story time! Join Mells, Shooey and Acadia as the story of how the novel Frankenstein got conceived and written. Of course there is also a lot of sex in it, too because we have an image to uphold.