Tonight our date with the King is Lisey’s Story, a novel that King himself has stated is his favorite of all the books he has written. I have personally owned a copy of Lisey’s Story for a long time, but while I only recently got around to reading it, I am glad I did because it quickly became a work I am fond of.Read More
Author: Jackie Torrance
Tonight’s date with King (or technically what was supposed to be last night’s date) is a King story who’s movie is getting a remake this year: Pet Sematary! Pet Sematary is a novel King wrote in 1983, after King returned to teach at his alma mater, the University of Maine, and his family moved next to a busy road out in the country.Read More
“Maybe it’s just some crazy folktale, but there’s something in the woods. Something that brings things back.” If you’ve read or seen any lick of Pet Sematary, you know that the woods in question do hold a certain power…and we got our first glimpse of those mysterious woods in the trailer for the Pet Sematary remake that dropped today.Read More
We also know the directors attached to the project are Kevin Kölsch and Dennis Widmyer, and we’ve seen the first look for the film, but yesterday we got the scoop on one of the book’s most beloved characters. Actor Obssa Ahmed (“The Expanse”) has been brought in to play the role of friendly ghost Victor Pascow!Read More
- The Franklin Coverup Part Three (Bohemian Grove)This is the last of our only ever four part series (and third of just the Franklin Coverup) and it took a little bit out of us. The story is so gross that it gave two of the Fell Companions the 'rona! But that is all behind us now. We don't have to listen to […]
- The Franklin Coverup Part TwoThis story is just too horrible to fill just one episode, so here we go with part two of the lurid tale of child sex rings, corruption, and a justice system that (maybe) doesn't work right. Oh, and I guess we should mention that some of the Grackles have Covid so we will be back […]
- The Franklin CoverupJoin us as we discuss one of the most horrific things we have ever covered on the show. If you want really terrible stuff in your true crime, we have a whole bunch of it for you in this episode. Oh, and some people say it never happened, but we will deal with that next […]
- Johnny GoschSeason Five starts with Mells, Snoops, Shooey and Acadia talking about Johnny Gosch and how the case of the Iowa paperboy gone missing is the first link in a terrible chain. Sit back and prepare yourself to get mad at some cops!
- PopobawaWe end Season Four with a cryptid who doesn't just scare you. The Popobawa from Tanzania does...other things to you, and then threatens you that he will do it again if you don't do what he says! Join Mells, Snoops and Acadia as they investigate this malevolent cryptid. Thanks for a great season and we […]
- Fred and Rose West - Part TwoThe terrible story of Fred and Rose West is finished off this week as Acadia and special guest Emma from Fan Critical go in depth into the horrors of 25 Cromwell Street in Gloucester, England. We don't have special guests very often. It's what makes them special. So enjoy!
- Fred and Rose West - Part OneAcadia is joined by special guest Emma from the Fan Critical podcast to discuss part one of the story of Fred and Rose West, the worst sex murderers who ever lived in Gloucester, England. We hope.
- Daniel LaPlanteDaniel LaPlante was a teenager in the 80s who had a hard life but no matter how rough things for him were, they don't excuse his actions. Join Acadia, Shooey and the newest member of the team, Snoops, as she debuts with one of her all time favorite stories. That should tell you something all […]
- The Witchcraft MurderCome with us to England where we discuss the terrible murder of Charles Walton in 1945. Was he killed by a witch? Some say he was, indeed. Find out what Acadia, Mells, and Shooey think as they dig into the story and do some incredible British accents. Seriously, top notch!
- King Leopold Part TwoThe terrible story of the exploitation and mass murder in the Congo Free State concludes this week in an episode that took a lot out of Shooey. As long as we have been doing this show, the amount of greed and cruelty these degenerates can display is still staggering. Learn what Belgium doesn't want you […]