To beer drinkers, the end of September means one thing: Oktoberfest! Held in Munich since 1810, last Saturday kicked off the 180th festival, which goes until October 6th this year. Yes, it’s a 3 week long festival of beer, where more than 6 million people descend on Bavaria to drink gallons of Oktoberfest beer, eat roast chickens and pretzels, and pass out as bierleichen (“beer corpses”) in front of the oom-pah bands. Oktoberfest beer, poured one liter at a time in traditional glass steins, must meet certain strict standards to be served at the festival, which is apparently not a problem, since they manage to serve nearly 2 million gallons. That’s enough to fill up three Olympic-sized swimming pools and require a police presence to keep order at the port-a-potties. Since nearly half those beer drinkers are of the female persuasion, I put a little gallery of Oktoberfest ladies in landhausmode downing a stein or five after the jump (and yes, you will see some people calling the outfits dirndl, but a dirndl is a traditional Bavarian outfit and not a “tavern wench at ye olde renaissance faire” costume. But I digress). So click the link, hoist a litre of Löwenbräu, cram some sausage in your face, and prost!
- Hoia Baciu ForestSometimes referred to as the "Bermuda Triangle" of Romania, the Hoia Baciu forest in Transylvania has more than its share of weird stories surrounding it. It's spooky for sure, but it's not spooky enough to have people start calling the Bermuda Triangle the "Hoia Baciu Forest of the Ocean". Join Acadia and Shooey as the […]
- The Franklin Coverup Part Three (Bohemian Grove)This is the last of our only ever four part series (and third of just the Franklin Coverup) and it took a little bit out of us. The story is so gross that it gave two of the Fell Companions the 'rona! But that is all behind us now. We don't have to listen to […]
- The Franklin Coverup Part TwoThis story is just too horrible to fill just one episode, so here we go with part two of the lurid tale of child sex rings, corruption, and a justice system that (maybe) doesn't work right. Oh, and I guess we should mention that some of the Grackles have Covid so we will be back […]
- The Franklin CoverupJoin us as we discuss one of the most horrific things we have ever covered on the show. If you want really terrible stuff in your true crime, we have a whole bunch of it for you in this episode. Oh, and some people say it never happened, but we will deal with that next […]
- Johnny GoschSeason Five starts with Mells, Snoops, Shooey and Acadia talking about Johnny Gosch and how the case of the Iowa paperboy gone missing is the first link in a terrible chain. Sit back and prepare yourself to get mad at some cops!
- PopobawaWe end Season Four with a cryptid who doesn't just scare you. The Popobawa from Tanzania does...other things to you, and then threatens you that he will do it again if you don't do what he says! Join Mells, Snoops and Acadia as they investigate this malevolent cryptid. Thanks for a great season and we […]
- Fred and Rose West - Part TwoThe terrible story of Fred and Rose West is finished off this week as Acadia and special guest Emma from Fan Critical go in depth into the horrors of 25 Cromwell Street in Gloucester, England. We don't have special guests very often. It's what makes them special. So enjoy!
- Fred and Rose West - Part OneAcadia is joined by special guest Emma from the Fan Critical podcast to discuss part one of the story of Fred and Rose West, the worst sex murderers who ever lived in Gloucester, England. We hope.
- Daniel LaPlanteDaniel LaPlante was a teenager in the 80s who had a hard life but no matter how rough things for him were, they don't excuse his actions. Join Acadia, Shooey and the newest member of the team, Snoops, as she debuts with one of her all time favorite stories. That should tell you something all […]
- The Witchcraft MurderCome with us to England where we discuss the terrible murder of Charles Walton in 1945. Was he killed by a witch? Some say he was, indeed. Find out what Acadia, Mells, and Shooey think as they dig into the story and do some incredible British accents. Seriously, top notch!