Potentially Incorrect Facts about Wal-Mart
- At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
- This works out to $20,928 profit Every minute!
- Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
- Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot +Kroger + Target +Sears +Costco+K-Mart combined.
- Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer.
- Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
- Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
- During this same period, 31 supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).
- Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
- Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are SuperCenters; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
- This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
- 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
- Let Wal-Mart bail out Wall Street!
Update! Thanks to bustedstr8 for finding this terrifying map showing the growth of Wal-Mart since it started. Or else it is a map of his HPV outbreak that he renamed, but I like to think it is the former. Thanks Busted! LINK TO SCARY MAP