Kelly Marie Tran has deleted her instagram account after targeted harassment on social media by “fans”.
I didn’t know this, somehow, but Daisy Ridley has had to do the same, as well as seeking therapy, for the same reason (also mentioned in the above linked article).
Listen, “fanboys” of the world – I have some words for you. F***ing listen the f*** up.
- Star Wars isn’t real.
- Harassing women because you don’t like something about a movie they acted in is absolutely not OK.
- Harassing women because you don’t like their opinion about something (such as “people shouldn’t be shot to death in night clubs”) is also absolutely not OK.
- Let me add, harassing women or any people for any reason (with the exception of Nazis, which you should always harass and also punch) is not OK.
- Nobody owes you anything. Not your imagined perfect Star Wars movie. Not some kind of … I don’t know, apology for playing a character that you don’t like for god knows what inane reason? Nobody. Owes. You. Anything.
- I love Star Wars but I can’t stand a good portion of the alleged “fans”. Y’all need to grow up and get some kind of hobby and life outside of jerking off to rocketship fantasies.
And in conclusion, please go f*** the sun.