I didn’t see Saw (heh – see what i did there?) until a while after it came out. But after I did, I became a fan. I even got all the DVD’s when the Hollywood Video by my house went out of business. They got shittier and shittier after the second one and I’m not surprised that the original is so relatively low on the list.
It’s not a great movie, but it was a good movie about a great idea. Here is a list of things that are good about it.
- Shawnee Smith
- The fact that Danny Glover was in it for some reason.
- The Dread Pirate Roberts showing people that he can play a sweaty scared not really cool at all guy.
- The fact that pretty much everything that happens in the first movie is explained / referenced / revisited in the later movies shows that the first one was the best one. That seems like sound logic.
- The whole idea that people could get out out Jigsaw’s traps if they did what he said.
- The fact that you can’t help but wonder if you could do what the people in the movie had to do.
- That weird puppet. I don’t know he bothered making a puppet from scratch, unless it was because they were too cheap to pay for the rights to use some other, more famous puppet. Are there other famous puppets other than Howdy Doody?
- Can you name the TWO Lost cast members in the movie?
So was it scary? Were there big shocks? Nah. Dread? Yes. Grossness and the beginning of “Torture Porn”? Damn right. And that’s not nothing. And I think you might want to watch it if you haven’t. Don’t listen to people who tell you it sucks. Go find it on the Internet. The ending is awesome. AWESOME
Dread Pirate Roberts, Shawnee Smith and a puppet. How can you lose? Trailer after the jump!
I may get a few smacks upside the head for this, but I never made it through the original. I think I made it about a 1/4 of the way. Same thing with the seonc. The only reason I attempted to watch it was because of Donnie Wahlberg, but he wasn’t enough to keep me watching. I found all of the Saw movies, along with Hostel, and The Hills Have Eyes far too violent for my liking. I just can’t stand movies like that. I’d rather watch movies about ghosts, vampires and zombies.
Whoops, I meant second. I can’t type for shit tonight.
Which proves those things aren’t scary!
……..a Bloody Wolf & The Seven Dwarfs(including tom cruise)!!
I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever see this movie.