According to this email we got, ladies should be using wasp spray instead of pepper spray to ward off menacing thugs (and presumably wasps):
Good idea… If you’ve ever used wasp spray for wasps, you’ll know that it shoots at least up to twenty feet. Guys, tell your women.
I have a friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area who was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the offering. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp
spray instead. The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn’t attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.
Now, I am no expert in the ways of personal defense, but anytime that an email starts out with “Guys, tell your women.” I figure it must be important. So I would strongly reccomend carrying around a big ass can of wasp spray with you whereever you go. Here’s a few reasons not mentioned in the email:
- If the benefit is that you can shoot someone from 20 feet away, then pretty much you can just start blasting anyone who looks suspicious. In fact, I think that’s the only way it would work. Cause in real life, I don’t think people pop up like they do in those Police training things. Like, where one thing pops up and it’s a guy with a scar holding a knife and then the next one pops up and it’s a woman holding a baby. If you are a busy woman on the go, you can’t take the time to make those kinds of snap decisions. So just hold the can in front of you and spray it at all times.
- When the can inevitably empties, hitting someone with it will still hurt.
- If you work at an office where having a big ass can of wasp spray on your desk attracts less attention than a little thing of pepper spray, then you probably work someplace awesome (or infested with wasps).
- I don’t think there is any such thing as ‘wasp spray antidote’. If there were, the wasps would have found out about it by now.
- You cannot kill wasps with pepper spray.