There are many lovely ladies out there but this lady takes the cake. Meeting her for the first time last year at a convention in Atlanta, I was taken aback at how approachable she was and just how warm and welcoming her interactions with fans were. I mean, you would think that she would be a little more diva-ish considering she was in the movie that has been linked to starting all of this great zombie fare we are enjoying today (just think Harriet Beecher Stowe and Civil War, you feel me?). Her only potential diva like behavior is that she requested a straw when I went to get her some coffee this past weekend in Boston where we were attending/working the Walker Stalker Convention. And even then she said “Please, if you don’t mind.” In my mind I am thinking ” I am going to get JUDITH O’DEA coffee, I am going to get Judith O’Dea coffee, I am going to get Judith O’Dea COFFEE, She could ask me to carry it back on my head….” (and I would have). We kept her very busy this past weekend with photo ops, panels, and signings and never once did she lose that amazing smile. On Sunday, which happened to be Father’s Day, I brought something over for her to sign that is later to be auctioned off for the WSC sponsor charity Raising Spirits for St. Jude, and was in the middle of trying to get my husband on the phone to wish him a happy Father’s Day (multitasking at its finest). She graciously signed the item and then took my phone and said ‘Hi Ben this is Judith O’Dea from Night of the Living Dead and I want to wish you a happy Father’s Day.” I am pretty sure that my husband about passed out and I just officially became the best wife in the world. You see – this is what makes her so wonderful. She remembered that when I met her in Atlanta LAST YEAR that my husband could not be there and she is one of his ALL TIME FAVORITE characters. She signed a photo for him then and he was so happy with that. Apparently she was fine with kicking it up a notch this time when he missed out and for that I love her. If you ever get a chance to meet her in person please do everything you can to accomplish it.
- The Lancashire WitchesAmerica learned so many of its terrible traits from England. One of them was the concept of: call a bunch of women witches and see what happens (nothing good). We had Salem. But 80 years earlier, England had Lancashire. So sit back with some Yorkshire Tea and drink up the story of religion, politics and […]
- Mary VincentThis show has a lot of terrible things in it. That's kind of our thing. And the story of Mary Vincent and what the scum of the Earth, Lawrence Singleton, did to her is terrible. But this story is more that terrible. It is downright inspiring. And when you hear it you will be amazed. […]
- The Yuba County Five - Part TwoThe most mysterious case we have done in a while concludes this week with part two of the Yuba City Five. I have been thinking about this case for weeks and I am no closer to a solution than I was when we started. If you didn't listen to part one, go back and listen […]
- The Yuba County FiveThis case is the most baffling set of events we have covered in quite a while. Five men go to a basketball game and never come home. Seems like it is straightforward but oh my goodness it is anything but that. This is part one of two but honestly it could probably be one of […]
- The Michigan DogmanIt's like a night watchman can't even patrol the manufacturing plant they work for without encountering a dog man. Night Watchmen, a local politician in another state, three girls near the woods, all of them running into a scary dogman. Join us as we get to the bottom of the case of the Michigan Dogman. […]
- The Hinterkaifeck MurdersThis week, special guest Hannah Selector and Acadia investigate the Hinterkaifeck Murders. Almost exactly 100 years ago, en extended family on a small German farm were found dead. Who did it? Well, there were weird things in the lead up to the crime, and the aftermath had plenty of suspects. But, at the end of […]
- Al KiteWe do a lot of stories about upsetting topics. But this one? This one? This one has to be one of the most senseless, terrible things we have covered in a while. Not that it will make you mistrust everyone you know and will ever know in the future...oh, wait, it just might! The story […]
- Pedro Lopez - The Monster of the AndesPedro Lopez spent the 1970s in Peru, Ecuador, and Columbia. Over that time span he sexually abused and murdered more than 100 little girls. The only thing more chilling than the crimes of this guy is what ended up happening with him. Seriously you will not believe how this story ends. Join us as we […]
- Sally Horner - The Real Life LolitaYou probably know that Lolita is a book by Vladimir Nabokov about a pervert perving on a child. But you might not have known that there was a real case that may have inspired the author. The story of Sally Horner is complicated and tragic and should make you think twice before opening your yap […]
- Christopher PorcoSometimes criminals are sociopathic monsters, and Christopher Porco defintely is one. But he is also a complete frigging idiot which makes this the perfect end for Season Six. My goal is to lure you into a false sense of security so hopefully it works! Enjoy!